Whether it be at a tailgate or a barbeque, you are pretty much guaranteed to find burgers. However, having the same burger repeatedly can leave your taste buds feeling dull. That is when you know it is time to switch it up and make these salmon and lentil burgers! Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and vitamin B, these pescatarian burgers still contain the same juiciness you would get from a regular burger.
Time: 15-25 Minutes
Servings: 4-6 Patties
1/2 fillet (about 7oz.) salmon, cooked
1 can lentils, drained
1 large egg
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp oregano
salt & pepper to taste
1. To a high speed blender, add in all the ingredients.
2. Pulse the mixture until well combined. It does not have to form a paste, since having chunks of salmon will add to the burger’s texture.
3. Form patties using your hands.
Tip: After you have formed the patties, place them in the fridge for 10 minutes so they can firm up, cook easier, and hold together better.
4. Heat a nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and add the patties. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the outside is crispy and brown.
5. Once they are cooked, assemble them like a normal burger and enjoy!