Please email email@example.com or call 407-646-2696 to inquire about promoting your business in print or online.
For convenience, you can book and manage your advertising campaign with our Ad Shop.
You will find many questions answered on our Media Kit (click to access)
The Sandspur reserves the right to reject advertising that is considered objectionable. Commercial advertisements that discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, familial status, national origin, handicap, age or gender will not be accepted.
– The Sandspur reserves the right to print “Advertisement” above any advertisement that closely resembles editorial matter.
– The Sandspur will make every effort to accommodate ad position requests. However, page position cannot be guaranteed.
– Due to the costs associated with redesigning the newspaper after the advertising deadline, retail advertising cancelled after the deadline will be charged at 50 percent of the cost of publishing the ad. In addition, changes to advertisements after the deadline may not be possible.
– The advertiser and/or advertising agency assume liability for all content (including text and illustrations) of advertisements printed and also assume responsibility for any claims arising there from made against The Sandspur.
– All questions relative to charges should be directed to the advertising director, business manager or editor-in-chief. Only those personnel are authorized to make adjustments to charges for advertisements.
– An advertisement is not considered accepted by The Sandspur until it is actually published.
– The advertiser is to indemnify The Sandspur for all expenses it may incur to enforce collection of any amount due, and advertiser is to pay reasonable attorney’s fee and court costs incurred in such collection.
– In the event of a hurricane or other weather emergency, act of God or any other cause outside the control of The Sandspur.
– If the issue is already in distribution when school is cancelled, no adjustments will be made. The Sandspur assumes no responsibility for these advertisements or any problem arising from their publication.
– If school is cancelled prior to printing & distribution of an issue, The Sandspur will attempt to contact all advertisers scheduled to advertise in that issue. In the event that the advertiser cannot be reached, all advertisements will be run in the next distributed issue at the same size and price as the originally scheduled ad.
– The Sandspur will not be liable for errors in advertisements, including typographical errors, incorrect publication (insertions or omissions) and resulting losses, but if at fault, will make adjustments on that part of the advertisement in which such error occurred. It is the advertiser’s responsibility to make claims for adjustment two business days prior to the date of publication. No adjustment will be made for errors that do not materially affect the value of the advertisement. The Sandspur cannot bear any liability for copy that changes or corrections made after deadline or by telephone.
– The Sandspur may revise its advertising rate schedule at any time upon 30 days written notice to the advertiser.
– Agencies placing advertising on behalf of their clients are liable for the full cost of advertising placed.
– Advertisers given 30 days to pay cost of ads must adhere to that deadline. Payment received after the given due date will be considered overdue and will accumulate a $25 per month late fee.
– Prior to your advertisement appearing in The Sandspur, an invoice will be sent requesting payment. Payment must be received three days prior to the date of publication.
– All bulk orders that benefit from a discounted rate must be prepaid in full.
– Student organizations must have the signature of an OSIL representative on the insertion order to qualify for the student organization rate. All student organizations must follow the above rules regarding prepayment.
– Advertisers will receive invoices on a per-insertion basis. If additional billing accommodations are needed, please make a request in advance with the business manager.
– All advertising orders are subject to the rates, terms and provision of the current rate card. Orders received not reflecting the current rates and provisions will be adjusted to the rates and provisions of the current rate card only after consultation and approval by the client. The Sandspur will make every effort to contact clients immediately when such a situation occurs, but The Sandspur is not responsible for delays in publishing advertising or consequences of such delays that may arise by orders received which do not conform to the correct rates and provisions.