September 22 was the first official day of fall but the weather in Florida has not changed. However, that should not stop us from getting into the fall spirit by cooking with all things pumpkin! Handling an actual pumpkin can be laborious, so reach for some canned pumpkin puree (not to be confused with canned pumpkin pie filling) to whip up a delicious stack of pumpkin pancakes.
1/4 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
2 tbsp Oat Bran
1 Large Egg
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
1/4 Cup Banana, Mashed
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Heat a skillet on high heat until hot.
3. Lower the heat to low-medium and add a quarter of the pancake batter to the pan.
4. When the edges dull and bubbles start to form, flip the pancake over. Cook for another minute or so.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the rest until batter is gone.