The women’s team secured a dominant 2-0 victory over the Sharks with goals by Brenna Mckee ’15 and Mora Johnson ’17. Goalie Mary Spring ’15 also contributed to the win, recording five saves and making this her fourth shut-out of the year. The win bumped Rollins to first place in the SSC standings by 15 points.
Riding the momentum of the women’s victory, the men’s team followed up with one of their most exciting games of the season. After finding themselves down 3-0 at halftime, the Tars came back big and strong in the second half, forcing an overtime period. With the score tied, Skyler Russell ’15 knocked in a one-touch pass from Grant Blackhurst ’16 to secure a 4-3 win over the Sharks.
Women and men will each face off against the University of Tampa this Saturday, October 25 at 4:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., consecutively. Both games are crucial if Rollins wants to maintain their current standing in the Conference. Make a road trip out of it and come out to support your Rollins Tars as they shoot for a clean sweep against Tampa this Saturday.
- Men’s Basketball suffered a close loss - February 17, 2016
- Rollins baseball team bounces back from a tough weekend tournament - February 10, 2016
- Tars steal victory from Fighting Knights - November 4, 2015
- Women’s soccer secures top rank in preseason poll - September 4, 2015
- Annie Dulman competes in Women’s Amateur Championship - September 4, 2015