Women’s basketball had a big win on the night of Wednesday, January 21 against Florida Tech, coming from behind to upset the previously undefeated Panthers.
The Tars were down by six points at halftime, but the offense turned around to post a 72-65 victory on the road. Rollins is now 13-2 overall and is 5-1 in the Sunshine State Conference. They move into the season tied with the Panthers for the #1 spot in the conference.
Sarah Taylor ‘15 was an offensive powerhouse for the Tars, netting 21 points and 8 rebounds. Taylor hit three three-pointers and both free-throw attempts. With her impressive showing against the Panthers, she is now only three points away from 1000 total points in her career.
Ashley Losch ‘15 and Emalee Schill ‘15 also led the Tars with dominant performances. Losch contributed 13 points and 15 rebounds while Schill added 12 points and eight rebounds.
The Tars will face Lynn University at home this Saturday. Come out to support women’s basketball as they look to defeat their conference rival.
- Men’s Basketball suffered a close loss - February 17, 2016
- Rollins baseball team bounces back from a tough weekend tournament - February 10, 2016
- Tars steal victory from Fighting Knights - November 4, 2015
- Women’s soccer secures top rank in preseason poll - September 4, 2015
- Annie Dulman competes in Women’s Amateur Championship - September 4, 2015