Press "Enter" to skip to content

Blog Update: Let’s Catch Up…

Living in Australia during the past two months has been amazing!! It has been so great that I have had no time to write on my blog at all, but today I will make up for all the lost time.  Different things have happened within the past few weeks and my experience while being here has only gotten better and better every day. Let’s start by saying that I moved homestays and although at the beginning I was a bit scared, today I am certain that it was the best decision I could have ever made while being here. The main reason why I moved was because my host mother had an emergency in Greece and she had to travel for two months.  Although it wasn’t completely necessary for me to move I decided to do it because I wanted something new again, and I also wanted to see if I could be somewhere closer to the city. Staying would have meant for me to stay with her husband who barely spoke any English and was also going deaf. Needless to say, communication would have been rather difficult…. Actually very difficult!

Anyhow, the weekend I ended up moving was the same weekend I participated in the GLOW RUN and decided to sleepover at Bondi beach with a couple of friends to watch the sunrise in the morning. It was definitely a busy, very busy weekend.

Watching the sunrise in the morning was one of the most amazing things I’ve done while being here. Although sleeping at the beach the whole night seemed LONG and COLD it was definitely well worth it. It was gorgeous! Waking up to the sun shining on my face was incredible. The coolest part of it all was being able to watch the whole process of the sun coming up from 6:30 am until about 7:10 am. Putting it into words wouldn’t describe how spectacular this morning was, so I will let the pictures speak for themselves.

Being able to spend time with my friends the night before was awesome. We had a picnic at the beach and played cards until about midnight with the only available light coming from our phones.  The bathroom situation was terrible; since we were literally sleeping at the beach, the public bathrooms were closed all night and opened up until 8:00 am. Needless to say we were the first ones to use them as soon as they opened up. Later on the day, I went home, packed up, had my last lunch with my Greek family and at about 4:00 pm my new host dad picked me up to bring me to my new home. I was beyond excited. I had met with him and his wife the prior week and I loved them and their house immediately. This house was completely different from my first homestay. I was very happy to have moved in with them. That same day, as soon as I arrived, I unpacked and got my whole room ready. By about 7 PM I was ready to meet with one of my close friends, Danae, to attend our GLOW run. The glow run is a 5k promoted by puma. Is a music festival atmosphere, in which there are three Glow zones along the way. At each Glow zone there is a DJ and everyone stops to dance, jump around and eventually keep running to the next Glow Zone. It was truly amazing. It was my first 5k and what a better place to do it than in Sydney. After the race was over, I headed home and was terrified to get lost since I had only been there for 3 hours before I left. Nonetheless, I was able to remember all the directions my host parents gave me before leaving. It goes without saying that this was one of the most amazing and busiest weekends while leaving in Sydney.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.