This past week marked the Inauguration of President Grant Cornwell, the 15th President of Rollins College. In accordance with the theme of student involvement, teachers and faculty nominated several students as Presidential Inauguration Ambassadors.
The role of the ambassador was to generate excitement for the inauguration events and ceremonies. Ambassadors were also given the opportunity to assist with several of the discussion panels and other inauguration events. The most crucial job of the ambassador involved the Festival of Light this past Saturday. Ambassadors gathered at the Arch at Interlachen at 7:30 p.m. Mardi Gras beads, skirts, candles, and light-up buttons were all passed out amongst the attendees.
The group then departed for the Alfond Inn, where they formed a gauntlet to receive the guests and Mardi Gras Band. The guests were then led to campus in a party/dance like parade. Students, faculty, and guests all intermingled during the walk back to Mills Lawn. Upon arrival, the celebration began with a live band and dance party on Mills Lawn.
- Lead in McKean water - November 17, 2016
- Business undergrads find social, vocational lessons for life in France trip - August 29, 2016
- Student Ambassadors lead Presidential Inauguration - April 13, 2016
- Rollins welcomes philanthropist Adam Braun - April 13, 2016
- Plutocrats United - April 11, 2016