Press "Enter" to skip to content

Study Programs Prove All Roads Lead to Rollins

One of the best parts about going to Rollins is the numerous opportunities to study abroad. From Sydney to Shanghai, Rollins students can travel virtually anywhere in the world during their time here. In fact, there are so many different programs offered, it can get a little confusing. To make things easier, here is a guide to the basics of studying abroad.

What programs does Rollins offer?

At the bottom of this page you will see a chart with the programs offered for 2011-12. Applications for the winter and spring break programs are due Sept. 26, so make sure to fill those out if you are interested. For more information about each program, visit the International Programs website.

What is the SIT program?

The SIT program is a study abroad organization which offers over 70 travel programs throughout the world. These programs focus on current global issues such as health, environmental policy and human rights. “If a student is interested in hands-on learning, amazing programs are available to them through SIT,” says Dawn Wharram, the study abroad advisor at the Office of International Programs. As of Spring 2012, all of SIT’s programs will be considered approved Rollins programs, so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity!

How do I apply?

To apply for a program, log on to your FoxLink account and click on the “Student” (A&S or Holt) tab. Click on the “RIPA application” link, then “Create a new application.” There is a $25, non-refundable application fee for applying. Feel free to visit the Office of International Programs (Carnegie Hall, 2nd floor) for walk-in advising sessions anytime Monday through Thursday from 1-4 p.m., or make an appointment ( or 407-646- 2466).

Can first-years study abroad?

Although you cannot study abroad for a whole semester as a first-year, there are still opportunities available for you to travel outside the country. First-years can participate in field studies during the winter, spring and summer break programs.
Can I study abroad outside of Rollins?

If none of the programs that Rollins offers appeal to you, you can apply for a program through another institution or provider. Keep in mind, credits from a non-Rollins program may not transfer to the college if you do not receive prior approval, and Rollins financial aid and scholarships cannot be applied. If you choose to study abroad with a non-Rollins program, you still need to fill out RIPA. Please see the Office of International Programs for all that you would need to do to participate in non-Rollins programs.

Are there financial aid opportunities?

Yes! For the approved Rollins semester programs, the cost of tuition/room & board are the same as attending Rollins. Rollins also offers several study abroad scholarships, and there are national scholarships available as well. Visit the “Scholarships and Funding” section of the International Programs website for details.

study abroad table

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.