When I was home for winter break, I was lucky to be waking up to the aroma of my mother’s freshly baked goods. Now that I am back in a dorm, I still want to enjoy those comforting and delicious foods.
I came up with a recipe that uses ingredients which can all be bought in the C-store and only requires a microwave: the Three Minute Microwave Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin.
Time: 4 Minutes
1/4 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Sea Salt
1 tbsp Canned Pumpkin
2 Egg Whites
2 tbsp Unsweetened Plant Milk (e.g. Almond, Cashew, or Soy Milk)
1 tbsp Raisins
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin, egg whites, and almond milk until well combined.
- Put it into the microwave for 2-3 minutes on full power (800W).
- Remove from the microwave and flip over onto a plate.
- Cut the English muffin in half and sprinkle both sides with a dash of almond flour.
- Pop in the microwave for another 20 seconds or, if you’re lucky enough, in the toaster until golden brown.